Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 9 What Makes God Smile?

{}


When I first learned about the story of Noah's Ark, I was really excited. The basic interpretation to me, as a little kid that went to Sunday School and conferred with my peers - we were all related! We were all brothers and sisters! This made me really excited because I am an only child and I just loved the fact that my best friends were related to me.

Now I realize what the true point of the story is and how devastating and chilling it really is. It is a story of horror.

There are two sides to each story. How can you evaluate without knowing all the sides and so, how can you judge a person?

It bugs me about today's society about our classification of what the Bible says sinning is.

Lying is a sin and I can assure you that we have all done it and yet none of us are condemned like those who happen to be gay are.

Things like that get me.

Only God can weigh the price of a sin be it adultery or a white lie.

We have no right to say one is worse than another.

That being said, the best religions seem to be the ones that lead by example.

Christianity is appealing because it shares the message of love. What is religion without it's people. Can you judge all of Christianity for a bigoted few? How can you tell what's what when you've got 20 interpretations flying at you? How can you just feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment