Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 8 Planned for God's Pleasure

{}


What makes me keep reading and wanting to understand is the mere fact that every human has a need to worship - has a need to connect with some sort of believe system.

It's like an instinct.

But who... or what? Gave us this.

But then I know the other side of the argument.

It's an instinct to protect us - to question what we don't know because what we don't know has a potential to be dangerous.

I am not sure if I can say the curiosity is supposed to be quenched in the case of mortality and ruling and creation. Maybe we filled up these mysteries with something as a way to adapt to say okay, I don't know the answer but here is my next guess and now I can worry about other things that need attention.

I couldn't tell you if a snake is laying beneath a rock but I would pick it up anyway to know for sure with the risk of getting stung, but at least I could prepare for the sting. So, that's what religion is, picking up rocks until you die I suppose.

In this journey I believe I am okay with the risk of the snake beneath the rock. It's okay by me and if I never find a snake, I will always have my heart beat a little faster in anticipation when I try the next rock, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment