Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 7 The Reason for Everything

{}

When I pray to God, it is usually quite awkward. In Elizabeth Gilbert's words, I almost wanted to start off any prayer with, 'I'm a big fan of your work.' I just never know what to say. I think it's important to understand that who you are is vital. Without you, things would be different and vapid. I couldn't tell you if it would be better or worse because I don't think either of those words would be appropriate. I think it would just be different. Think of the life you lead now and those you affected. You've made someone laugh or picked up someone from an airport. Simple things but... they happened. Perhaps, it is just living until today that is super amazing because right now is the oldest you've ever been.

I don't know if I could offer any advice besides simply talking to him more - not just through a secretarial way of doing things but an actual face to face conversation as often as you think of God. You don't have to call him your home skillet because I for one, am uncomfortable with such and idea, but why not at least look him in the eye and say, how do you do?

Every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment