Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'd Much Rather Sing to You

I think people spend most of their time looking for something that means anything. They want to find the perfect moment and then live in it forever. That’s why, at least in high school, people go crazy about relationships whether it is the drama, the flirting, or the day dreaming.

I think I once found a perfect moment and when I think about it, I smile.

I was a freshmen and was at, of all things, an indoor brass performance sitting on the mat before we took the basketball court to play our show. Everyone was so relaxed and joking with each other. It was just so comfortable.

Then, the color guard group before us, started to dance. It was my favorite type of choreography, as far as what I could come up with anyway. They threw rifles at least five feet and sabers twice that height. What was the show they were performing you ask? Anberlin’s, The Unwinding Cable Car.

That was the first time I heard that song and I fell in love with it. I didn’t even know who Anberlin was, let alone if they were Christian or not. I just liked the song.

It reminded me of feeling happy and it reminded me of a friend. No, it reminds me of friends.

Sometimes, friendships fall apart and that is life. It’s only sad if you tried your hardest and yet seem to be getting nothing in return on the other side. I have to tell you though, I’ve never heard of a friendship failing if one person is doing all they can do.

But time is the meanest adversary.

I was blessed to be able to talk to one of my good friends from last year. She graduated from high school when I became a junior but we used to do everything together at school. This year has been different for me and it sounds like it has been different for her, too.

I hate it when I ‘can’t find time’ to send out a letter or I am too afraid to send an instant message to someone on AIM.

Small things like that.

It should also be interesting to note that I do not relate myself to the Unwinding Cable Car, only other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment