Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 4 Made to Last Forever

{}


Here is the biggest rift between God and I: The afterlife.

To me, Heaven and perfection would be no longer living. It would be an honor to simply expire. Christianity keeps telling me that this life is only the entry way into another life that is much brighter and thus, Earth friendships and passions will mean less as a relationship is developed with God.

Am I so wrapped up in this life, so full of sin, that the idea of heaven makes me absolutely sad! Why would I want my life to mean nothing?

The Dalai Lama said that Christianity and Buddhism could be practiced at the same time.
The Pope said that they couldn't.

This is where they diverge but lets say we don't know what is heaven.

Which in reality, we don't.

Both ideal sets attempt to perfect a human being during this lifetime in order to prepare of the next. One says you will be forever in eternity and glory while the other one says you just stop. Having another life means you still need to learn things.

I will go through this life learning things. Perhaps, I am meant to learn that an earthly life shouldn't be as important as I make it out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment