Sunday, December 19, 2010

College Acceptance Update (Boring)

So, I officially got accepted to Fordham University. Before, I had just gotten my scholarships - a 4 year ROTC Army scholarship (which is tuition, spending money, and fees provided I pass my monthly physicals starting in July), and room and board award from the college (provided my GPA stays above a 2.5 or something like that).

I now have gotten actual letters from the school which is exciting. I'm not sure if I should send in my signed letters yet though. I'm still waiting for official acceptance from my state university of choice.

They sent me an email entitled, Happy Holidays! I almost didn't open it but at the bottom, in white text so I had to highlight to read, it said I had been accepted into the honors college.

I was really happy!

Yet, I was so confused. Was I accepted into the school? Would I be receiving paperwork anytime soon? Was I getting any money?

I had received a 4 year Army scholarship there as well but unfortunately, it can't be used with the other award I received from state testing so I would have to reject my state testing award. I was confused so I already revoked my state college's ROTC award to increase my Fordham acceptance rate.

By accepting Fordham ROTC before state ROTC, Fordham unofficially said they would evaluate my ROTC as a part of admission which was pretty nice of them, and I took them up on it which seemed like a smart thing to do.

So yes, the 18th most expensive college in the nation is essentially free to me.

My state college I would have to pay for a lot of things and they still aren't really being nice to me!

At one point, I needed an interview for something, and I called. No one answered. I called again. No answer. Again! No answer so what did I do? I dressed in my fancy clothes and just got off school early and drove to the university myself. They let me schedule but I had to again take time off to actually do the interview.

Ahh, the tears of frustration!

I just want a backup plan I guess and I don't know, I would be happy at either place.

I do have a backup plan though at a school that I have not only been accepted to out of state but is giving me enough money to be the cost of my state school so that's fun. Plus, I might be picked up for some sort of ROTC scholarship there. Probably not a four year, but a nice one.

In the spring, I apply for Fordam's, 'Fordham Plunge' which is a chance to go to Fordham a couple of days before orientation and work on 20+ community service projects in the Bronx and around New York! How awesome is that!

I am also looking at this study abroad program I would like to apply to if I go to Fordham. It is studying either WWII in London or doing a nonfiction writing course in London where you essentially journal about your cultural experience! Sounds like a fancy blog for a class credit to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment